Swing 46 is a jazz and supper club located on the famous Restaurant Row in the heart of Times Square in New York City. Founded in 1997, the club has served as a home to big bands and swing dancers. In May, we’ll be celebrating our 20th anniversary and are looking forward to many more.
There are many reasons to visit Swing 46. Let us count the ways:
- Eat, drink, and be merry: We have great cocktails and food. Our menu is traditional American with a modern twist (in other words, we like tradition but value progress as well). Each dish —including sauces, dressings, and bread — is made every day and carefully prepared using only the freshest ingredients. In fact, our chef would throw in his toque in protest if he had to use anything manufactured in an industrial facility.
- The sound of music: Each night, you’ll sway to the music performed by the most talented, professional musicians from all over the world with charts and arrangements that are impeccable and true to the genre we celebrate. A Swing DJ and awesome live bands are here every night!
- Fancy footwork: Unlike Eliza Doolittle, you can dance all night to music from the fabulous Swing Era — Lindy Hop, Jitterbug, Waltz, Foxtrot, or freestyle! (In other words, party like it’s the 1920s, 30s, and 40s again!)
But wait, there’s more: Whether you have twinkle toes or two left feet, you can master or improve your technique with a nightly (9 pm) dance class taught by a professional instructor.
Did we whet your appetite yet? Great! Put on your dancing shoes and swing into action at Swing 46 Jazz and Supper Club, 349 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036.
- We open at 5 pm and serve a full dinner menu and bar snack menu till midnight.
- Happy Hours are from 5 pm to 7 pm with half price drink specials at the bar. Sunday thru Thursday the band plays from 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm; Fridays and Saturdays the band plays from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am.
- There is a minimal ($15) music charge for entertainment Sunday thru Thursday and just $20 on Friday and Saturday night. Entertainment fee is payable at the Box Office as you come in. This includes the Dance Lesson, the Swing DJ, the Live Band, and Dancing. Dinner and Drinks are separate.
- No need to make a reservation — unless you’re having dinner. If you are coming only for cocktails and dancing — just show up.
When you arrive, please make sure to say hello to owner John Akhtar. You might just get the best table in the house!